search this blog

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Yum

So I'm not one of those bloggers that spends every day writing about their every activity, but now and then I do like to let everyone know about my little quirks and what random nonsense I'm up to on my occasional day off :) We were at Bethesda Row a few days ago and I went to Le Pain Quotidien to pick up one of my favorite baked goods - a madeline. They are really really fantastic. As we wandered out of there we happened to notice a new chocolate shop that had just opened up across the way, so being slaves to good chocolate we ran in there and bought some chocolates. Then as we were heading back to the car we walked by a cake store that I've seen before. Decided to go in when I saw the note about cupcakes... LOL yeah I know, I need help.

Anyway ventured in to find myself in the presence of a cake diva - Leslie of Fancy Cakes by Leslie to be exact! We got to talking and it was really interesting to hear more about Leslie and her business, which she has been running for almost 15 years. I got to try a delicious chocolate cupcake with buttercream frosting and then we were treated to the very best chocolate chip cookies I have ever had. EVER. I couldn't believe how good they were. My only regret is that I didn't get more! So if you get to Bethesda Row, don't miss the cookies and if you're looking for a wedding cake you can knock that out at the same time :)

I have to go get on the elliptical machine now. It's going to take me three days to work off all that food...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.